New Edition of the HVAC Duct Construction Standards Released
The fourth edition of SMACNA's HVAC Duct Construction Standards – Metal and Flexible includes the latest in sheet metal duct fabrication and installation requirements.
The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) has released the fourth edition of its HVAC Duct Construction Standards – Metal and Flexible, updating the standard to represent the latest in sheet metal duct fabrication and installation requirements.
The updated 416-page standard was revised to provide contractors, designers, and facility owners with the information they need to apply effective and efficient solutions to their projects.
Highlights of the update include:
- Added information on spray and aerosolized duct sealants
- Added tables for spiral flat oval duct for positive and negative pressure applications
- Added options for internal supports for spiral flat oval duct
- Updated liner requirements to include non-fiberglass liner types
- Added information for lined round duct and spiral fittings
- Added details for hangers to better illustrate where hangers are required
- Updated requirements for flex duct hanger spacing and hanger width, among other technical updates that will enable the standard to be fully compliant with industry advancements in sheet metal for air distribution systems
The latest edition of the HVAC Duct Construction Standards – Metal and Flexible, is available to order in book or PDF format via SMACNA’s online bookstore.
Print this page
June 20, 2021