Alberta program offers rebates on high-efficiency equipment
May 29, 2017
Efficiency Alberta is launching an energy efficiency program that provides incentives to businesses that choose high-efficiency products. The Business, Non-Profit and Institutional Energy Savings Program is designed to encourage organizations to replace old, inefficient equipment to help reduce GHG emissions. Moreover, by investing in energy efficiency, organizations can reap significant energy savings that can flow back into their operations.
Organizations that are serviced by an Alberta electricity or gas utility, including small or medium businesses and agri-food, manufacturing, and resource extraction industries, can apply for the rebate. Large final emitters as defined under Alberta’s Specified Gas Emitters Regulation are not eligible.
The Program will offer rebates for the installation of approved high-efficiency heating or lighting products. Eligible products for year one of the program include the following:
- efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment;
- efficient water heating equipment including condensing water heaters and tank-less water heaters;
- LED lighting products such as T8s, bulbs, low/medium/high-bay fixtures, and exterior fixtures;
- T5HO high-bay fixtures; and
- occupancy controls and other efficient lighting products.