Updated: MCAC produces jobsite health & safety guide during COVID-19
April 20, 2020 | By HPAC Magazine
The guide was developed in consultation with experts at OHS Global Risk Solutions.
In early April the Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada (MCAC) introduced new guidelines to help its members answer questions related to health and safety and the safe operation of job sites during the COVID-19 pandemic. The original guide has since been updated to include:
- Information on non-medical masks
- Eyewear protection updates
- Additional best practices on work site safety
The overall objectives for the guide are:
- Prioritize the health and safety of workers, other individuals, and the surrounding communities.
- Assist stakeholders with recommended best practices from federal, provincial and municipal health authorities.
- Establish and maintain a robust COVID-19 work plan across multiple facilities.
- Promote and foster a healthy and safe work environment for all involved individuals.
The guide was developed in consultation with experts at OHS Global Risk Solutions, and it was developed to assist MCAC and its contractor members to develop their own safety policies and procedures to deal with the COVID-19 issue. As guidelines only, the document does not supersede any guidelines, protocols or best practices implemented by any level of government.