EMC calls for Energy Summit 2018 speakers
The Excellence in Manufacturing Consortium (EMC) has put out a call for speakers for its 2018 Energy Summit, a conference on industrial energy efficiency.
Speakers should be energy efficiency experts, energy service providers or industry decision markers, including: plant and operations/facility managers, chief engineers, corporate energy and sustainability leaders, Canadian resource developers/suppliers, federal, provincial, territorial and municipal government representatives, and academic institution researchers.
Potential candidates are asked to submit a brief, 250-word proposal on or before January 18, 2018. EMC is seeking proposals on a variety of topics, including:
- ISO 50001
- ENERGY STAR
- Energy efficient financing
- District energy
- Innovative energy efficiency solutions for buildings and industry sectors
- Sustainable manufacturing practices, resource management and green certifications
- Data management (energy data logging and monitoring)
- Alternative energy solutions
- Carbon market/GHG accounting and global adjustments of electricity rates
- Manufacturing process management and improvements
- Advanced robotics and how it complements energy management practices
- Management buy-in for every saving projects
The Energy Summit, in partnership with the Canadian Industry Partnership for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) and Natural Resources Canada, brings together energy efficiency experts throughout the country. Speakers will explore energy management, leadership and innovation, environmental sustainability and equipment and processes.
The two-day program will feature keynote speakers, solutions-based technical sessions, case studies, facility tours and professional development workshops. Some of these events will include preferred registration rates and CIPEC recognition.
EMC is a non-profit organization that aims to help manufacturers grow and become more competitive in their markets. The organization has over 5,000 members across Canada, and holds over 1000 industry events annually. www.emccanada.org
Print this page