Marc Gendron elected chair of CMMTQ
June 7, 2017
At its 68 th Annual General Meeting on May 31, members of the Corporation of Master Pipe Mechanics of Quebec (CMMTQ) elected Marc Gendron as chairman of the board. President of Les Entreprises MLG et Fils Inc., based in Westmount, QC, Gendron has been a member of the Provincial Board of Directors for several years and has been a member of the CMMTQ Executive Committee for more than 10 years.
He has developed numerous contacts in the building mechanics industry in Quebec and Canada, having served as president of the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada in 2013-2014, and provides expertise on matters administered by CMMTQ.
Gendron will be supported by the following members of the CMMTQ executive committee:
- Anie Lamoureux , Senior Vice-President (Végo Enterprises Ltd.)
- Miguel Primeau , Second Vice-President (Roger Déziel Inc.)
- Michel Boutin , Treasurer (Lambert Somec inc.)
- Jean-Marc Lacroix , Secretary (Mécanique Northerm Inc.)
- Sylvain Letarte , Director (Plomberie Letarte Inc.)
- Daniel Ricard , Director (Allard & Ricard inc)
- Denis Beauchamp , Director (Beauchamp, Babin et associés inc.)
- François Nadeau , Past President (Plomberie François Nadeau Inc.)
Established in 1949 by the Master Pipe Mechanics Act, the Corporation of Master Pipe Mechanics of Quebec (CMMTQ) brings together specialized contractors working in the field of building mechanics, particularly in plumbing and heating. CMMTQ seeks to increase the competence and skill of its members in order to provide the public with greater safety and protection in terms of health and hygiene. It also assumes the mandate relating to the professional qualification of the plumbing and heating contractors entrusted by the Government of Québec and regulates the conduct of its members in the exercise of their trade.