MCAC Elects Wayne Davidson as President at AGM
After two years as president Dave Holek handed over the position at the Association's virtual Annual General Meeting.
After serving a two consecutive terms as president of the Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada (MCAC), Dave Holek of Lekter Industrial/Mechanical Services (Belle River, ON) handed the virtual gavel to Wayne Davidson of Davidson Bros. Mechanical Contractors (Burnaby, B.C.) who will serve as president of MCAC for 2021/22 year.
The turnover was announced at the MCAC virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM) held Tuesday, December 7.
Holek served two terms as president of the Association to maintain consistency through the disruptions caused by the pandemic, a period Holek referred to as an “adventurous time”. During the AGM he commended mechanical contractors across the country for their ability to adapt and pivot as required during this period.
In his final report as president, Holek noted: “The pandemic has demonstrated just how important mechanical systems are. And in the context of economic recovery, we know that our sector can play a key role in creating jobs, supporting growth, and contributing to government objectives related to energy efficiency and improved air quality in our buildings.”
While acknowledging the present-day challenges that still exist for the industry, including skilled labour shortages and supply chain issues, he insisted that “a predictable and long-term strategy for public sector investment remains important” and that “as an Association, we are speaking in a collective voice and sharing your perspective on these important issues.”
The new 2021/22 executive committee announced at the AGM consists of:
- Wayne Davidson, president
- Derek Ermen (Ermen Plumbing & Heating – Moncton, NB), president-elect/vp east
- Charles Webb (Anderson Webb – Sarnia, ON), vp central
- Brad Mason (ServcoCanada – Winnipeg, MB), vp west
- Dave Holek, secretary/treasurer
- Tania Johnston (MCAC), CEO
2021/22 Board of Directors:
- BC: Trevor Hildebrand (Phase Mechanical – Surrey); Paul Demeule (Trotter & Morton – Vancouver)
- Alberta: Terry O’Flaherty (Centurion Mechanical – Calgary); Mark Schendel (SMC 2.0 – Edmonton)
- Saskatchewan: Kim Skjonsby (Mid-City Plumbing & Heating – Estevan); Ken Swann (Interwest Mechanical – Saskatoon)
- Manitoba: Brad Mason (ServcoCanada)
- Ontario: Joe Givens (Western Mechanical – Barrie); Serge Robert (S&R Mechanical – Ottawa); Eric Niemi (Clow Darling – Thunder Bay); Frank Turano (GTA Mechanical – Vaughan)
- New Brunswick: Derek Ermen (Ermen Plumbing & Heating)
- Nova Scotia: Charles Savoie (Black & McDonald – Dartmouth)
- P.E.I.: Quentin Bevan (Bevan Bros. – Charlottetown)
- Nfld & Labrador: Ian Arbuckle (Black & McDonald – St. John’s)
Associate Council: Brad Cornellisen (OS&B)
Women in Mechanical Construction: Julie Zulich (TESC Contracting – Sudbury, ON)
Board members retiring from their Board roles in 2021 include:
- Tim Padfield (Pad-Car Mechanical – Medicine Hat, AB)
- Mike Miller (Taco Comfort Solutions)
- and Jack Bavis (Cahill Group, St. John’s, Nfld.)
Print this page