Mississauga workshop to clarify mandatory OBC performance requirements
SkillTech Academy, the training division of The Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI), is offering a workshop titled Complying with Part 12 of the Ontario Building Code (OBC). Scheduled for April 13, 2015 in Mississauga, ON, the one-day practical workshop aims to provide participants with a thorough understanding of mandatory OBC performance requirements.
Since January 1, 2012, Ontario homes must be designed to meet the performance level equal to a rating of 80 or more when evaluated in accordance with the EnerGuide Rating System or conform to Supplementary Standard SB-12 referenced in the OBC. With the introduction of SB-12 in addition to the existing EnerGuide 80 (ERS80) compliance paths in the 2012 Ontario Building Code (OBC), training will help the industry make a seamless transition to the new rules. The 2012 energy efficiency requirements are radically different from those in force in the past and introduce new concepts, new compliance routes and computer modeling options.
The workshop was developed by John Harris, P.Eng, RASDT, RHDT, who is a Certified Energy Advisor for the Natural Resources Canada Energuide For Houses Program. He has owned and operated a residential consulting company in Orillia, ON since 1999. Harris contributed to the development of SB-12 and the Air Tightness Section of the Ontario Building Code and has delivered this training seminar for a number of groups in the province.
* Review the four Compliance Options ( EnerGuide 80, SB-12 Prescriptive, SB-12 Performance and EnergyStar for New Homes)
* Gain an understanding of the impact that HVAC equipment will have on each option
* Find out when to recommend HVAC equipment upgrades to achieve compliance
* Discuss the impact of air barrier requirements on HVAC installations
* Learn how to optimize building design to take advantage of current practices and reduce the cost of complying
* Updated to include recent changes to SB12, as well as upcoming changes to both SB12 and the OBC.
Click here for more information and to register.
Print this page
May 11, 2022