HRAI reports NRCan has published federal energy efficiency regulations
November 14, 2018
The Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute recently reported that Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) has published Amendment 14 regulations in the Canada Gazette Part II.
HVAC/R products covered in this amendment include the following:
- Walk-in coolers and walk-in freezers
- Commercial refrigerators, refrigerator-freezers and freezers
- Residential gas-fired furnaces (furnace fans)
- Large air-conditioners and heat pumps
- Packaged terminal air conditioners and heat pumps
- Residential oil-fired furnaces
- Gas-fired residential storage water heaters and oil-fired residential storage water heaters
- Large condensing units
HRAI and the Air-Conditioning Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) submitted comments on behalf of the members during various stages of the consultation process pertaining to large air conditioners and heat pumps and water heaters in cooperation with the Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating (CIPH).
Within the Canada Gazette II you will find NRCan’s reply to the comments they received for these products. Please note that NRCan has removed the six-month coming-into-force date, and the regulations are effective immediately for water heaters only, while the balance of the Amendment will come into force on May 1, 2019, six months after the date of publication in the Canada Gazette, Part II.