Westcom Plumbing owner takes home CCA’s Person of the Year Award
March 27, 2019
The Canadian Construction Association (CCA) has presented its 2018 awards in conjunction with its annual conference, currently being held in Bermuda. These awards recognize the important contributions of individuals, companies and associations that promote and enhance the Canadian construction industry.
Mary-Anne Bowcott, owner of Westcom Plumbing & Gas Ltd. in Victoria, BC, was one of two recipients of CCA’s Person of the Year Award.
Bowcott is a journeyman plumber, class B gasfitter, and certified steep-slope roofer. Since the inception of her company in 2015 she has taken on numerous female apprentices. With women representing just 10 per cent of the tradespeople in BC, Bowcott’s efforts to increase that number have garnered her the attention and respect of not only her clients, but of her community.
In 2017 and 2018 she was the recipient of the Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce Trades and Skilled Labour Excellence Award. In 2018 she was awarded the BC Construction Industry Leader Award (Watch the video).
Full list of the 2018 Canadian Construction Association award recipients:
Awards of excellence
- 2018 CCA Person of the Year Award–Mary-Anne Bowcott, Westcom Plumbing, and Tom Rankin, Rankin Construction Ltd.
- 2018 CCA Excellence in Innovation Award–Emil Anderson Construction
- 2018 CCA Environmental Achievement Award–Maple Reinders
- 2018 CCA International Business Award–Aecon
- 2018 CCA National Safety Award–Gisborne Group
- 2018 CCA Partner Association Award–Vancouver Regional Construction Association
- 2018 CCA Community Leader Award–Tomlinson Group
- 2018 CCA Gold Seal Association Award–Winnipeg Construction Association
Awards of recognition
- 2018 CCA General Contractor Award–Art Winslow, Graham Construction
- 2018 CCA Trade Contractor Award–Rhonda Collings, Glenn Collings Ltd.
- 2018 CCA Civil Infrastructure Award–Chris McNally, C & M McNally Engineering Corp.
- 2018 CCA Manufacturers, Suppliers and Services Award–Jean Pouliot, Produits Métalliques PMI