Armstrong’s Variable Speed Fire Pump with Fire Manager
August 26, 2021 | By Logan Caswell
Offers the ability to predict and report potential equipment failure that could result in expensive damage and/or loss of life.
Armstrong Fluid Technology has unveiled its new design envelope fire pump unit along with fire pump manager, a new, connected service for tracking pump performance. Armstrong’s new design envelope fire pump is expected to hold the distinction of being the first self-regulating variable-speed fire pump to meet NFPA-20 (2019 Edition), Section 4.8 standards.
- Cost-savings of up to $1,500 per sprinkler branch, per floor, from the elimination of PRVs
- Increased design flexibility
- Reliability and safety supported by real-time and historic test and performance data
- Ability to predict and report potential equipment failure that could result in expensive damage and/or loss of life
- Reduction of the number of zones in a sprinkler system and the potential elimination of storage tanks
- Helps with fire systems having large differentials between static and residual pressures