CSA amends F280-12 standard, extends public review period
The public review period for recent amendments to CSA standard F280-12 has been extended to March 18, 2018.
Amendments to the standard (determining the required capacity of residential space heating and cooling appliances) include:
- Ventilation sensible heat gain calculation formula is revised
- Default SHGC values are updated to 0.47 for all low-E double-glazed windows on Table 6F
- Default SHGC values are updated to 0.40 for all low-E triple-glazed windows on Table 6G
- Annex D of the standard is updated to require designers to configure a building to have largest glazed area to face southwest, if the facing direction of the building is unknown.
- Annex E of the standard is updated to prompt designers to report SHGC for windows and skylights on the heat loss and gain calculation summary sheet.
The public can view amendments at www.publicreview.csa.ca/document/manage/2836.
Print this page