New outdoor pumps can reduce energy consumption by as much as 30%
“The conventional approach to rooftop and outdoor pumps is to install variable frequency drives (VFDs) in a central, outdoor-rated control panel, separate from the pumps. This adds unnecessary costs and requires a larger footprint” says Zeljko Terzic, Global Offering Manager, Pumps, with Armstrong Fluid Technology.
“Our new Design Envelope pumps feature integrated controls for a reduced footprint and substantially reduced installation costs.”
The new Armstrong Fluid Technology Design Envelope pumps with permanent magnet motors are now available as NEMA 4X/IP66 rated units for outdoor installation.
The new pumps feature advanced performance mapping technology and load-limiting logic, and they reduce energy consumption by as much as 30% compared to pumps supplied with a loose variable speed drive.
Together with new more efficient pump hydraulics, the new 1-hp up to 10-hp pumps can save an additional 20% compared to competing integrated products with induction motors.
Other features of the new Design Envelope outdoor pumps include:
- Cover to protect touchscreen user interface from dirt & sunlight
- Overhead weather shield protects motor fan from ice seizures
- Factory-tested NEMA 4X rated controls are ETL approved
- Available Parallel Sensorless control provides additional energy savings through best-efficiency staging
- Available Pump Manager service provides pump performance tracking along with alerts, alarms and data storage
For more information visit www.armstrongfluidtechnology.com
Print this page