New Conference takes aim at Decarbonizing the Built Environment
By HPAC MagazineConstruction Green Technology HPAC General decarbonization
ASHRAE is among the organizers of the 2023 Decarbonization Conference for the Built Environment being held October 25-27 in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
The Decarbonization Conference for the Built Environment, being jointly organized by ASHRAE, the American Institute of Architects (AIA), International Facility Management Association (IFMA), APPA and Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), will held October 25-27 in the Washington, D.C. metro area at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel.
The conference aims to be an information and idea exchange among stakeholders in the built environment industry with a goal of discussing the design, construction, ownership, and operation of facilities targeted for reduced or neutral impact on the environment with respect to carbon footprint.
A primary objective of the conference is to enhance the knowledge base in North America on decarbonization efforts.
The proposed line-up of topics presented will include:
- Decarbonization 101: Measures, Metrics and Terminology
- Decarbonization Drivers: Guidelines, Standards and Regulations
- What is your role in Decarbonization?
- Strategies to Achieve Low Carbon Operations
- Designing and Constructing Low Carbon Buildings
- Retrofitting Your Way to Low Carbon Buildings
- Lessons Learned: New Construction Case Studies
- Successes and Failures: Existing Buildings Case Studies
- How Do We Fund Low Carbon Buildings?