CIPH and HRAI present: “The Outlook” Economic Forecast Webinar with Peter Norman
By HPAC MagazineHPAC General 2020 CIPH COVID-19 economic outlook HRAI
Free for association members, the webinar begins at 1:30 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, May 13 and will cover the effects of COVID-19 and related containment measures on the Canadian economy and the industry.
The Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating (CIPH) and the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) are together presenting and economic forecast webinar on Wednesday, May 13 beginning at 1:30 PM Eastern Time.
Complimentary for CIPH and HRAI members, the presentation will be led by Peter Norman, Chief Economist at Altus Group, who will share his views on current economic conditions in Canada and key trends likely to impact construction spending in 2020 and beyond.
Topics covered will include:
- The effects of COVID-19 and related containment measures on the Canadian economy, housing markets and construction sector – how bad will it be and what could the recovery look like?
- Outlook for residential and commercial and construction through 2021 based on a realistic COVID-19 impact scenario.
- Outlook for renovation spending with implications on plumbing & heating dollars.
- Commercial sector: Will COVID-19 lead to major structural changes in the need for commercial space?
- Government sector investments in affordable housing, institutions and infrastructure.
Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions.
For registration information:
Stories continue below