Nominations open for The Red Seal Award of Excellence
May 22, 2017
The Canadian Council of Directors of Apprenticeship (CCDA) has launched the call for nominations for the fourth biennial Red Seal Award of Excellence.
The award honours the contributions of provincial/territorial/federal apprenticeship and trade certification staff to the Red Seal Program, including current members of those organizations, and retired members of those organizations whose accomplishments date back no more than three years from the nomination deadline.
Previous award nominees and recipients are eligible for nomination for the Red Seal Award of Excellence in subsequent years.
The award will be presented to an individual working within the apprenticeship system as a staff member/technical training provider who has demonstrated inspirational leadership in the development and promotion of apprenticeship and trade certification. The recipient will be honoured at the CCDA Fall Meeting planned for November 2017 in Ottawa.
This award honours staff and training providers who are inspiring leaders in the development and promotion of apprenticeship and trade certification. Contributions are defined as one or more of the following:
- promote apprenticeship and trade certification as a means to a successful and productive career
- support apprentices as they strive for success
- lead and/or support the growth and development of the Red Seal Program
- participate in activities that encourage, motivate and promote dedication and passion in a skilled trade
- serve as a role model for success for aspiring skilled tradespersons
- demonstrate qualities of outstanding leadership in apprenticeship
Special consideration is given to those with a Red Seal endorsement, but this is not a prerequisite for the award.
The period for nominations is May 19, 2017 to June 30, 2017. Questions should be directed to Marie-Claude Ouellet at the CCDA Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).