World Plumbing Day Quickly Approaching
Established by the World Plumbing Council in 2010, the day has become something fixed on the calendars for over a decade.
March 11 marks World Plumbing Day across the world.
Established by the World Plumbing Council in 2010, the day has become something fixed on the calendars of the World Plumbing community for over a decade to help celebrate the importance of plumbing and plumbers.
The day is marked by celebrations, competitions, seminars, and activities all around the globe. People from within and outside plumbing come together to learn, share knowledge, build connections and find opportunities to improve the quality and access to fresh water and safe sanitation.
According to the World Health Organization:
- 829 000 people are estimated to die each year as a result of unsafe drinking-water
- By 2025, half of the world’s population will be living in water-stressed areas
- 785 million people lack even a basic drinking-water service, including 144 million people who are dependent on surface water
Countless World Plumbing Day events take place around the world, promoting the link between good plumbing sanitation and human and environmental health.
As we inch closer to March 11, below are some different ways to show plumbers around the world your support:
- Tweet a thank you to your favourite plumber with #worldplumbingday or post something special on Instagram
- Host a special event for your customers or community
- Fundraise or donate to a relevant charity
To learn more about the critical work plumbers do and take steps to get involved in recognizing World Plumber Day on Friday, March 11th please visit CIPH’s World Plumbing Day page for more ideas for celebrating this annual event.
Print this page
May 11, 2022