New Gold Seal and Blue Seal Accredited Project Management Program Announced
The educational experience is expected to be held online and will be offered in partnership with the University of Waterloo.
Health & Safety
The Mechanical Contractors Association of Canada and the Construction Education Council have teamed up to announce a new exclusive Gold Seal and Blue Seal Accredited Project Management Program.
The educational experience is expected to be held online and will be offered in partnership with the University of Waterloo from September to December.
Course outline is as follows:
This Gold Seal accredited course is designed to:
- Improve the planning and controlling of your projects, thereby improving your company’s bottom line
- Take a business view of projects and take ownership of a project from bid to final payment
- Increase your own project “lessons learned” by learning from experiences of other participants
- Be able and willing to contribute improvements to your company’s project management process
- Be better prepared to take the Gold Seal examination, if you choose
- Enjoy your projects
Over the 10-week period, sessions will focus on:
- Project Administration
- Managing Individual Differences
- Safety: A Management Perspective
- Change Orders
- Construction Law
- Job Cost Controls
- Meetings and Communication
- Dispute Avoidance and Claims
- Labour Relations: Due Diligence
- Project Completion
Part of what is unique in this project management offering is that over the ten-week period you will be introduced to eight different instructors who are all experts in their field of knowledge.
In order to receive the course certificate, students are expected to attend nine of ten weeks.
Part 1: September 30, October 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29, 2021
Part 2: November 18, 19, 25, 26, December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17
Sessions will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. eastern time.
Course Fee: $2,970.00 CEC Members: $2,700.00
Registration cut-off is September 16, 2021.
Print this page
June 20, 2021